LEATHER BRIEFCASE FOR YOUR NEEDS AT PERSONALITY BAGS
31 August, 2018
With lots of options out there, choosing the right leather briefcase may be difficult for you. However, you can categorize leather briefcases based on size, color, style, price, interior structure and other factors.
The main thing you need to take into account before buying a leather briefcase is to find out its capacity. If you are a lawyer, for example, you may want to go for a bigger briefcase. On the other hand, if you want one for keeping a laptop, you may go for a small one. If the workload often goes up and down, you should buy a soft-sided leather briefcase. But if you regularly carry the same items, we recommend you get one with a hard case.
Cost is another common factor that should be considered before making the buying decision. A cheap briefcase won’t stand the test of time, and will need to be replaced within a year or so. The wise decision is to spend a bit more and get one that is durable.
Things to look for in a leather Briefcase
When buying a briefcase, you should examine the briefcase to make sure it has the following features. If you are buying online, look closely at the pictures of the case for details.
- The stitching on the briefcase has to be even and the threads should not be loose. This applies to the internal and external surface of the case.
- Metal zippers provide better support than plastic zippers. Make sure the zipper is in good condition by taking a look at it when it is closed and opened.
- Full-train briefcases are more durable. As an alternative, you may choose top-grain leather. Buying one made of split-grain leather is not a good idea because it may get damaged when comes into contact with water.
- If you want to buy a hard-sided case, make sure to take a closer look at its hinges. In some hard cases, hinges are not as sturdy as they should. Make certain that the hinges are free of rust and are sturdy.
- Look at the handles to find out if they are securely connected to the case with metal fixtures. Due to regular use, handles that are stitched or glued to the exterior or lining of the case tend to come loose soon.
So, these are a few things you need to look for in a leather briefcase before you decide to buy it.
At Personality Bags we provide a wide variety of leather briefcases, as well as other leather travel bags. Come shop with us for that perfect leather briefcase or any of the other types of bags we have to offer.